Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Biopsy 2pm Thursday, March 11th

I can't wait to go to Blumenthal Cancer Center tomorrow at 2pm to have somebody stick needles in my neck. That's unusual for someone who is such a whimp like me! But hey this waiting around is for the birds. I know...I know PATIENCE! Easier said as advice to others than to live out oneself! At least for me today. I got the hospital run around all day and it was frustrating. But thanks to my friend Breck Bolton we got this final tell tale biopsy set for tomorrow. Yes! Thanks Breck.

Anybody come up with there own opinion on what the "not definitive" result yesterday meant. I think many of us came up with our own theories. Here's my take on the "not definitive" first biopsy result yesterday. Doctors were so convinced I had cancer because of the size of the lump in my throat and the large lymph nodes that when the cells came back not showing signs of cancer they were shocked. Therefore they want to dig deeper and take more cells from multiple area's in the lymph nodes to be completely sure. Just a TOTAL GUESS! But I say dig all you want. Let's be sure. It's hard not to get your hopes up after the "not definitive" result but I've been trying pretty hard to guard my optimistic hopes just in case. Love for it to be "a definitive NO cancer" result tomorrow, but still I understand the journey I'm on and I trust God withever the result.

So I been studying and learning more and more about trials. Whatever the result is tomorrow this has been a trial for our family. Whether it turns out to be just a little one or a big one is yet to be determined. Everyone of us has trials...regularly. They come in all sizes and from various sources. Sickness, failure in a task, a relationship issue with someone you care about, the loss of a job, the loss of confidence, financial problems, ailments, disease, and countless other types big and small. That's life on this earth. But as a follower of Jesus Christ be encouraged by these words no matter what size of the trial your facing or what the source of the trial is:
"We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God." Acts 14:22 Spurgeon say's,
" God's people have trials. It was never God's design for His people to be untried." "Behold I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction" (Isaiah 48:10).
God's people were never chosen for worldly peace and merely earthly joy. Freedom from sickness and the pains of life was never guaranteed. When the Lord drew up the character of privileges, He included chastisement among the things we should expect. Trials are part of life. Trials were predestinated for us in God's solemn decrees and bequeathed to us in Christ's legacy. As surely as the stars are fashioned by God's hands and their orbits fixed by Him, our trials are allotted to us. He has ordained their season, their place, their intensity, and the effect they will have on us. Not even good people should expect to escape troubles. If they do, they will be disappointed for all their predecessors have had trials. .....remember the biographies of all the patriarchs, prophets, apostles, and martyrs. All these vessels of mercy passed through the fires of affliction. It is ordained that the cross of trouble will be engraved on every ship of mercy like the royal mark distinguishes a King's vessel. Although tribulations walk the path with God's children we take comfort knowing that our Master has traveled it ahead of us. We have His presence and sympathy to cheer us. His grace to support us, and His example to teach us how to endure. The trials of this life will seem as nothing when we reach heaven. "

I love this perspective! This was Paul's perspective and that's how when he was in jail, persecuted, robbed, stoned, etc etc he still had the joy of the Lord. It's impossible to have this joy in and of ourselves. Impossible! But in the Spirit we can respond authentically and genuinely in a way that is completely different than any natural response would normally elict. Ahhh...the GLORY of the IMPOSSIBLE!...when someone "lives out' the righteousness of the Lord in a difficult circumstance or situation and only God can receive the glory because you know one's natural inclination is much different. Be encouraged by this truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment