Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Palestine national team

Years ago I traveled to Gaza several times and organized a match between the Palestine National team and the Charlotte Eagles. It was a great experience which allowed us to bring in some interesting *books (66 of them!) to the country for our friends. Boy do I have some really interesting stories from my visits to Gaza. Ask me about them sometime if your interested -not for sharing on the web, if you know what I mean. The link below shows their first "offical" international match in the stadium we actually lived in for one week (very interesting). We were guarded by 12 soldiers with AK 47's around the clock. Moreover, we had military vehicles guarding the stadium at night and had meetings with Y.A. defense minister in his inter sanctum. God bless those books that we gave out. May they not come back void & without penetrating hearts forever.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=134394769

No comments:

Post a Comment