Friday, May 21, 2010

A grateful man.....

Yesterday was the first day in 3 months that I felt the invisible weight off my shoulders of the cumbersome regular doctors visits, testing, sickness, lack of energy, and pain that went along with my recent health related issues. It was a day in which I just felt filled with joy and I even had a zeal for doing some of the most mundane tasks in life (even went to Loew's and replaced a shower head!...if you know me that's BIG!...I mean huge!).

Along the way, people have encouraged and challenged me as I've sought to listen to God for what He would have me learn during this journey. Today I share with you one of these challenges from a brother in Christ:

"OK, here’s my challenge for you…ask God to never let you be the same given He has spared your life. Be curious about that and remember it often so that you remain a grateful man!"

Good words...no...Great words! But what do they mean and how do they apply to my life as a follower of Christ? So this of course got me to thinking, asking, praying and reading.... What are the characteristics of "a grateful man?" What does the Bible say about being grateful? Teach me Holy Spirit about what it means to be a grateful man of God in the days ahead as I have been spared battling cancer and perhaps even my life? Being "a grateful man" should impact my life for the cause of Christ how?
Any thoughts, comments or lessons learned from your life experiences in this area, or your reading from the Word or convictions from the HS are absolutely welcomed, as I take time to understand it's application for my life. Thank you brothers and sisters in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment