Saturday, November 13, 2010

Prayer Warriors Needed....

Speaking at Briarwood Presbyterian Church on Nov. 23rd 6pm for the Coaches Sports Ministry Banquet. Invite from former Eagle Ryan Leib. Always want to have opportunities like this surrounded and bathed in prayer. Would you consider praying for me? If yes, here are some specific prayer requests with regards to this engagement:
  1. Monday and Tuesday I will have blocks of time set aside for praying and preparing for this speaking time. My prayer is that I will listen to the Spirit's leading for what I should speak about, have the courage to stay the course (not speak abt what I want to talk about) and the focus to prepare well. *must resist the temptation to speak to please people rather than communicate the words/message God gives me to say to challenge their hearts and service to the King of Kings.
  2. Next weekend - Pray for those coming to hear the message that God would prepare their hearts and minds for what is shared. Pray that they would not be prevented from coming because of busyness and the enemies distractions.
  3. Tuesday the 23rd of Nov. -am final review of message 6pm ish is the delivery of the words.
  4. Pray that the message would be powerful towards impacting the coaches heart, mind and perspective for utilizing their coaching position for being spiritual life influencers! I want to be an ADVOCATE for helping imperfect Christians (athletes, coaches and parents) to "live out" the righteousness of God in the environment of competitive sports. The message I think I'm going to give is entitled "Sports Does Not Develop Character but the Holy Spirit Can!" Text is 2 Peter 1:3-9 It's part of a series of messages I'm developing for various audiences which is called "the Righteousness Challenge"
  5. pray for one special coffee mtg. with a long lost friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment